I've never been to Armenia, but it's on my 'Eurovision Nations To Visit' list - which I am hoping to complete in the next few years. I've been reading up about it, and it's a pretty interesting nation. Here are some factoids:
- Armenia lies in the highlands surrounding the Biblical mountains of Ararat, where Noah's Ark is said to have come to rest after the flood.
- The world's earliest leather shoe was found in Armenia, dated to about 4000BC.
- Armenia became the first officially Christian state in AD 301.
- The pomegranate is the national fruit of Armenia.
- Cher is of Armenian descent, as are the band System of a Down.
And just because it's the kind of thing I like to do, here's an Armenian-themed treasury. There don't seem to be many Armenians on Etsy, so it's kinda only loosely themed...
Have any of you ever been to Armenia?
P.S. only 122 days until Eurovision!